In 1825 cabinetmaker Henry A. Pease built this house on North Water Street. It’s known that he created the columns for the house two doors down so it’s likely that he was responsible for some or all of the carpentry in his own home. His son Henry Jr. served as captain on several whaling voyages to the Indian and Arctic oceans.
The home suffered extensive water damage from a burst pipe on the third floor. D. Best did a complete renovation while preserving as much original material as possible.